Sunday, March 18, 2007

Pikshures: Hoppin Cages

Yes, those are rabbits in the cages above and lordie only knows what you're supposed to do with them. I saw this guy on my way to the gym the other day and snapped a photo before he yelled at me. In fact, without even realizing it, I've developed quite an arsenal of "weird-things-for sale-on-the-street" photos (and an even stranger bank of oddities that I didn't catch on film...) As I struggle to balance learning Chinese, reporting, meeting new people and navigating Shanghai, please enjoy these snapshots of...
-Fully-gutted chickens (some are mysteriously black)
-Alive chickens (bonus points for guessing their fate)
-Pig hooves (the behind is in the back)
-Still-wiggling fish
-Tiger claws on goat claws
-Live eels and a man gutting them.

P.S.- A PG-13 dispatch for Gridskipper.