Saturday, February 13, 2010

One Borrower: $555,000 in Student Loans

In today's paper, I write about Michelle Bisutti, a doctor with $555,000 in student loans.


This story at times felt like an unintenional follow up to this story about student loans I wrote back in 2008.

Thanks to all of those who took the time to write in and talk with me about their experiences. With this story, like so many others, I would be completely lost without readers, experts who answer our calls.

Also, the personal finance team last week launched a brand spankin-new section in Saturday's paper, the Weekend Investor. (That's where this story ran.) You can see it updated online here every Sat morn. Or follow the personal finance groups tweets @wsjpersfinance.

Update: I blog over at the Juggle about the ripple effects of student debt. (Also, see recent devaluing a degree story.)