Saturday, May 01, 2010

Three Completely Unrelated Stories

1) In Saturday's Weekend Investor, we learn about something that slipped through the cracks of both financial-aid and health-care reform: student health plans. (And how you can fight back.) Obsessive and potentially creepy followers of this journalist will note that my first-ever WSJ story was about the young and uninsured. Neatly enough, the issue of graduates getting the boot from parent policies is addressed in the health care bill, so yay for media.


2) I review the NAO Symphony, a wireless speaker dock. Yes, there's video and yes it's embarrassing. And no, my dwelling isn't that bleak all the time, I just moved in. Sheesh.

3) We launched a rad new Greater New York section! This is my first blog post, and it's all about scandal! Congrats to the WSJ New York crew!

PS -- I'm rereading Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood" for the gazillionth time, partially inspired by hearing Stephen Colbert talk about Harper Lee's re-readability last week, and MAN does that text still blow my mind. If you haven't read it, do so. And "Mockingbird," of course. Belated happy 84th, Harper Lee!